Sunday, March 20, 2011
War Eagle
As many of you know Matthew is a graduate of Auburn University therefore I am an Auburn fan by marriage. When we lived in Oklahoma, Matthew got his fill of OU football games along with the tradiations and pre-game festivities. So, it was about time for me to experience my first Auburn football game. Matthew and I drove up for the Auburn-Georgia game and it was SO much fun! We stayed with one of Matthew's friends, Carlton who was extremely hospitable! On game day, we got to walk around campus. Since Carlton lives very close to campus he took us around to show us all the new construction (since so much had changed since Matthew had been there). I have to confess that I'm probably a little biased and snotty when it comes to college campus because I think OU has one of the most beautiful campuses and I typically don't think most others even come close to being on the same level as OU. However, the Auburn campus was beautiful! I was highly impressed with the residence halls (for those of you who don't work in Higher Education that means dorms), the new acadmic buildings and their new basketball arena they just built. It was all very pretty! After spending time on campus and buying all sorts of Auburn attire (I actually ended up having more Auburn than OU attire by the end of that trip!), we finally made our way to the game. It was fun and interesting to watch the pre-game festivities of another large university. Their eagle, SPRIT, flew around the stadium.........The game was intense, but ended up in a win! A fun tradition that Auburn has is after every win, they go down to Toomer's Corner (similar to a campus corner for my OU friends) and "roll" (aka: toilet paper) the giant Oak Trees down there. We went down after the game and got to see the "rolled" Oak Trees. It was a really neat experience and a lot of fun!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment