Sunday, March 20, 2011
1 Year Anniversary Celebration
While Matthew and I acknowledged our 1 year anniversary on October 24, 2010, we actually didn't celebrate it until the first weekend in November. I decided to plan a small surprise weekend trip for Matthew. I did a little research and got recommendations from other people and decided to book our little weekend getaway in a little town in Alabama called Fairhope. It was so cute, quaint and adorable! We stayed at this little Bed and Breakfast which was cozy and had a cottage/log cabin feel to it. It was right off the bay, so we had a view of the water when we ate our breakfasts. We spent the weekend relaxing, eating and shopping. We got to take in a lot of the local flavor as it had a very strong art district and great local restaurants. We ate food ranging from casual seafood to a fancy steakhouse (at least as fancy as you can get in Fairhope, AL). We did some good shopping and found a few good treats for both of us. One really fun thing I did for Matthew was have a local baker recreate his grooms cake. Of course, it wasn't exactly identical to the original one, but it was still a lot of fun to have and munch on throughout the weekend! All in all it was a wonderful weekend for us to get away, relax and just focus on each other.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment