Once we finally arrived, we were completely confused as to how the “system” worked at the tree farm, but just finally decided to do our own thing and walk around the field and look for our tree. We went to several lots on the acreage and were extremely disappointed with the selection. There weren’t trees there over 6 feet tall. Ugh! I was so bummed. Seriously, the tree farm looked like it specialized in Charlie Brown Christmas trees. So we left the tree farm very disappointed. On our way back we took a different way home. As we were driving along the main road, we saw some Christmas trees in the parking lot of a Big Lots. We thought we might as well check it out, so we pulled in.
As we were walking through, the parking lot Christmas Tree lot had a great selection of trees. We ended up finding this great tree that was around 9.5 feet. It was great and I loved it! Although I was really disappointed we weren’t able to cut down our own tree, we ended up finding a great one for our holiday season. We had a great time decorating our tree and getting it set up in our new home. Although this Christmas tradition didn’t start the exactly how I expected it, it was a good memory and it was something that Matthew and I got to do together, and when it comes down to it, that’s what’s more important to me anyway.


No comments:
Post a Comment