Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Thanksgiving Miracle

Matthew and I had the opportunity to host our very first Thanksgiving together. And I’m happy to report that it was a huge success. Matthew’s sister, brother-in-law and niece came down along with my college roommate Whitney McLean. This was my very first time to cook a turkey and I was super nervous. I called on my mom, who is an excellent cook, for advice as well as did some internet research (I know, I’m kind of a nerd, but the turkey is the main dish of the meal. I kept having visions of the Griswald Christmas Turkey – we cut into it and it’s burnt to a crisp). So needless to say I did a lot of reading up on how to cook a turkey. Well after a frantic call to my mom the morning of about how slow the turkey was cooking (apparently it does that at the beginning and then really starts speeding up the longer it cooks), the turkey turned out great! We had a delicious meal and I was really happy with the way things turned out.

Other than eating we had a great time spending time together and playing games. We also got to break out our china for the first time, so that was a lot of fun. All in all our first official holiday to host turned out to be a great success and a lot of fun. Can’t wait for the next one!





No comments:

Post a Comment