Sunday, March 20, 2011
Unexpected Superbowl Surprise
Around 4:30 on the day of the Superbowl, Matthew mentioned that his stomach was bothering him. Neither one of us thought too much of it until later in the evening. I noticed that as the evening progressed, Matthew was disappearing from the party at long periods of time. To jump to the crux of the story, at around 10:30pm that night, I took Matthew to the ER because he was complaining of stabbing pains in his stomach. We got back into a room at the ER, they ran some tests on him and around 2am Monday morning, they came in and told us that they believed Matthew had appendicitis. They recommended that we wait for the new round of surgeons in the morning to complete his surgery. So around 9am Monday morning, Matthew had an appendectomy. Everything went extremely well and very smoothly. They kept him overnight and discharged him Tuesday morning. It was definitely an unexpected emergency, but I am very thankful that he’s OK and his surgery went well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i did not know that!!!! how scary!!! glad ya'll took him to the dr.
ReplyDelete