Friday, February 19, 2010

V-Day

Matthew and I had an eventful first married Valentine's Day. My aunt and uncle had gotten us a gift card to one of their favorite restaurants in Destin so Matthew and I decided to make the drive to Destin for our Valentine's Day. We headed out a little bit early to hit up some of the local outlet stores there. It was huge! We had a couple of hours to kill in the outlets stores, but only made it through half of it. It was so big!

After piddling through the outlet stores, we went to our Valentine's dinner. Our dinner reservations were at this restaurant called Marina Cafe. It was beautiful and delicious! It sat right on the bay with tons of boats docked right in front of the restaurant. We got a table right by the window and were able to look out onto the lights reflecting off the water. It was so pretty. The food was great too! Now, for those who know me really well, you know that I'm not a huge seafood person, but moving to Florida, that will have to change. So I took a big leap of faith and decided to try something totally new for dinner. I had their swordfish....and it was SOOO good! I loved it! Matthew had a redfish. We had such a great dinner just relaxing and enjoying great food. It was a very memorable first Valentine's day and now we've got another great restaurant to add to our list. Thanks Aunt Lesa & Uncle Wayne!





1 comment: